HIV Surveillance is the systematic collection, compilation, and analysis of HIV / AIDS morbidity and mortality data. Surveillance also involves the dissemination of HIV / AIDS data to concerned agencies and to the public.
The public health system depends upon reports of disease to monitor the health of the community and to provide the basis for preventive action. The Area 4 HIV / AIDS Surveillance Office is responsible for reporting all positive HIV / AIDS cases to the Bureau of HIV / AIDS. The Area 4 HIV / AIDS Surveillance Office serves Duval, Baker, Clay, St. Johns, and Nassau Counties.
HIV / AIDS Surveillance duties include participation in the following:
- CDC approved case reporting of HIV / AIDS cases
- Investigation of No Identified Risk cases for classificationMorbidity & Mortality Special Project
- Management of the HIV / AIDS Reporting System Database (local)
- Data Reporting and management
Practitioner reporting requirements under Chapter 64D - 3,F.A.C.
- Each licensed practitioner and medical examiner who diagnoses, treats, or suspects a case or an occurrence of a disease or condition listed in the Table of Notifiable Diseases or Conditions, Chapter 64D - 3.029, F.A.C., is required to report the notifiable disease or condition.
- Reporting test results by a laboratory to a county health department does not nullify the practitioner’s obligation to also report the disease or condition.
- Download a copy of Chapter 64D - 3 and a complete listing of notifiable diseases
- Practitioners should report all HIV or AIDS cases within two weeks using the Adult HIV/AIDS Confidential Case Report Form or the Pediatric HIV / AIDS Confidential Case Report Form.
- Practitioners must report all HIV exposed newborns or infants less than 18 months of age born to a HIV infected woman by the next business day. HIV exposed newborn / infant cases should be reported using the Pediatric HIV / AIDS Confidential Case Report Form.
HOW TO REPORT
- All forms are available at the Florida Department of Health in Duval County.
- For instructions on completing and sending in the HIV / AIDS Confidential Case Report Forms please contact Treva Davis at 904 - 253 - 2989.
*CONFIDENTIAL CASE REPORT FORMS AND ALL OTHER CONFIDENTIAL HIV/AIDS INFORMATION CAN NOT BE FAXED OR EMAILED TO THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH IN DUVAL COUNTY. DO NOT SEND FORMS OR OTHER INFORMATION BEFORE RECEIVING DIRECTIONS ON CORRECT PROCESS FOR REPORTING*
HIV/AIDS Statistics and Reports
- Area 4 Monthly Surveillance Reports and Quarterly Newsletter
- Statewide Monthly Surveillance Reports
- For more specific data requests contact Treva Davis at 904 - 253 - 2989.
HIV / AIDS Prevention duties include participation in the following:
- Area 4 HIV / AIDS Prevention Planning
- Health Education / Risk Reduction for HIV positive persons and high risk negatives
- Contract Management of state funded prevention contract providers
- Program Evaluation for Prevention Services and Report Writing
- Distribution of HIV prevention outreach materials including condoms, literature, etc.
- First Coast Community AIDS Prevention Partnership (FCCAPP) promoting the prevention of HIV infection in the five counties of DOH Area 4
HIV/AIDS Patient Care duties include participation in the following::
- Fiscal Management of the Ryan White / GR Patient Care Network for Area 4
- Program Planning for Patient Care Services
- Contract Management for CHD Patient Care Services
- Management of direct co - pays for client medical services
- Data management for patient care services in Area 4
- Ryan White Planning Council - a public governmental advisory body appointed by the Mayor of the City of Jacksonville, opperated under the principles if local advisory boards
HIV Counseling Testing and Partner Counseling & Referral Services including:
- 2014 HIV 500/501 Training Schedules
- HIV Counselor Training
- HIV Test Site Registration and annual registration renewals
- HIV Test Site Monitoring and Technical Assistance in HIV testing issues
- HIV Testing and Linkage services at the Duval County Jail
- Maintains MOAs with all Area 4 Community / Faith Based CTL Providers
- Maintains inventory of HIV testing supplies
- Maintains inventory of Prevention supplies
- Develops and maintains current training materials.
- Regularly disseminates CTL / Prevention information to the network
HIV/AIDS Specialty Care
- Provides clinical trials, on-site lab and x-ray exams, mental health and substance abuse counseling for patients, referrals for case management, dental care and pharmacy services. For information and testing call (904) 253-1040.