We will see children between 1 and 3 on a case-by-case basis.
- Root Canals
- Gum Treatment
- Minor Oral Surgery
- First Dental Visit - The best time to schedule a child’s first dental visit is around the third birthday -- in some cases, as early as 1. Do not wait until the child is in pain to have a first visit to the dentist.
- When should teeth appear? - Upper teeth starting at 8 months up to 35 months of age; lower teeth starting at 6 months up to 31 months.
- Cleaning your child’s teeth - You should begin cleaning your child’s mouth even before teeth appear. Teeth and gums should be cleaned at least twice a day.
- What is plaque? - A sticky, colorless, bacteria laden film that contributes to tooth decay.
- My child needs a Dentist - Children dental care available for ages three to twenty years of age.
Children’s Dental Centers
Jacksonville Central Health Plaza
515 West Sixth Street
253 - 1210
Royal Terrace Plaza
1830 West 45th Street, Suite 5
253 - 1783
South Jacksonville Dental Center
1722 University Blvd. South
253 - 1240
Mobile Dental Units
253 - 1200
5150 Timuquana Road
253 - 1680
Did you know...
All children need regular dental care starting at age 3. Our services provide quality, full-service dental care for children ages 3-20 (ages 1 and 2 on a case-by-case basis.) Our pediatric dentists offer a comfortable, child-friendly environment where children always feel welcome.
It`s important to take your child to the dentist to make sure their teeth are growing in properly. Whether it's their baby teeth or adult teeth, if spaces for teeth are not available, the teeth will grow in crooked and cause future problems.
Children`s teeth are very sensitive in their early years, containing tiny grooves that trap food and cause tooth decay. Our dentists will provide a sealant, along with a regular check-up, to protect your child's teeth and prevent cavities.
- Most commercial insurances
Your child will never be refused services, regardless of your income.Our children's dental program will make sure your child receives the best care at an affordable cost.
If you do not have insurance, care is provided on a sliding fee scale. Please call your dental center and speak with a Human Service Counselor.