The Hospital Emergency Room Alternatives Program (HERAP) is offered by the Duval County Health Department to help people who do not have a medical home or resources to see a doctor. We are focused on improving the health status of all Jacksonville's residents.
HERAP SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Connection to Family Physicians - Primary Care Medical Homes
- Assistance with financial eligibility
- Disease management help for persons with diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure and other chronic conditions
- Help getting free or low cost prescription drugs
- Self help training to allow you to better manage your conditions through a Living Healthy Program
- Outreach services through Community Living Rooms